Thursday, July 06, 2006

Last Days...

Gosh, On Monday, my bench days are over... Back to work, and this time, my first try on functional designs. It is always hard for me talaga if I'm in a transition. Like from tambay to being busy, being busy to tambay, in the brink of waking up from a dream, the length I consumed in order to accept my mistakes and to surrender my pride, and even ang pagtitiis na antayin ang miryenda pagkatapos ng lunch... Ay ano ba yun...

JUNE MOVIE OF THE MONTH (ONDSKAN)



I have seen six to ten films only this June and emerging from the stiff competition of being the best and most polished film of June is the Oscar Nominated Swedish Film Ondskan aka EVIL.

Erik (Andreas Wilson) lives his whole life fighting and when he was expelled because of his actions, he was sent on a boarding school where the existing culture and policy in the school challenged Eriks belief about violence. He started to realize where evil exists in its deepest and purest form and that evil is not just the violence itself, but something living from within.

Evil is not the usual type of film being nominated by an Academy Award because of its violent content and storyline. But due its well written script and impressive cinematic shots, the Academy was well impressed by how it was presented. Partly political, Evil is a simple and yet well told story showing why is it very hard to destroy the lurking corruptions and evil in the contemporary society. (8 out of 10).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home