Sunday, February 20, 2005

Likes and dislikes...

There are certain details in my everyday life that are not worth writing, may be because they are too obvious, habitual, weird and distinct as my identity. But now I'm writing them down; my simple pleasures and annoyance in life...

Likes

I love to see someone almost made it to the elevator but eventually he/she didn’t make it. The same applies to the LRT Train sliding doors.

I love the smell of newly printed newspaper in the morning and of course, the smell of the gasoline in the Shell or Petron stations.

I like to remove the tag price sticker of a newly bought item without tearing it apart.

I enjoy playing with a bubble wrap.

I like to place my hands beneath the big container of rice grains.

I like removing both ends of sitaw (I don’t know the English term for this vegetable) and see the long fiber strands removed from it.

I am always carried away by a bigger sister little brother relationship in a TV melodrama.

I like the feeling of hardened glue in my fingers.

I like to see the clouds of creamer in my coffee when it begins to sink in the water.

Dislikes

I hate to see someone looking when I’m writing my signature.

I don’t like to see parents being humiliated by other people in front of their children.

I hate peeing next to someone in the restroom.

I hate it when the bomb explodes right at the back of the lead actor in an action movie.

Follow up; I hate it when the protagonist has diffused the bomb with only 1 or 2 seconds left.

I hate overhearing the word 'Ashes to ashes, dust to dust'.


Review corner


Hosted by Photobucket.com



Phantom of the Opera - Ok at last, I've seen another musical after the 2002 Oscar winner Chicago. Surprise, it earned nods in the Golden Globe and Academy Awards which is quite surprising. This film, sad to say has been overrated by film critics may be because it is very seldom for a certain year that Hollywood produces musicals.

Phantom of the Opera is entertaining enough to satisfy both fans of stage and film around the globe although it is overly long and failed to transform stage elements into film medium well. The timing, beat and charm are not that convincing compared to the other musicals like Moulin Rouge, Chicago and Evita. The non- stop series of musical numbers have prevented the plot and character development of the movie.

It is wrong to say that this film sucks. Phantom of the Opera is far from being a bad material and far from being a great one. The art direction and the costumes are still impressive and not to mention, Emmy Rossum gave a decent performance. Phantom of the Opera is a Hollywood film which rides along with the greatness of the legendary story of love, devotion and madness. (B)

1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger Toni said...

kewl mo talaga rolan.... :) lam mo kung guy din ako... siguro ayaw ko rin may katabi sa CR.. pero kung girl ako na nasa guy CR happiness! HAHAAHA! Gus2 ko panuorin yung Phantom para dun sa music niya! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home